3/25/20 COVID-19 Update: A Message from Pastor Mike
We want to briefly provide a few updates in response to the most recent COVID-19 developments.
As our local and state governments have increased protective regulations for our region, some of the events that are beyond our original timeline of March 31 have now been impacted.
- Easter: Our Good Friday and Easter services will take place virtually. Next week, we hope to provide a more detailed update about how you can continue to use the Easter season to actively participate in making disciples though we are not physically gathering together. Due to Redondo Beach restrictions, we will not be able to host the annual Easter Egg Hunt.
- Women’s Retreat: Late last week Forest Home made the decision to cancel all events through the end of April, which includes our retreat dates. If you have registered for that event, you will be receiving details about next steps in receiving reimbursement for your registration.
- Sharefest: We are praying alongside Sharefest in hopes that we will be able to serve our community during the annual Sharefest Workday. Some of our projects will not take place because of school closures, but we are waiting to know more as the situation develops.
During this time of social distance, we want to fight the feeling of isolation and we also want to continue to uphold the values of prayer and devotion to the Word. Community groups are the primary way for us to do that, but we also wanted to provide some quick moments of prayer and connection throughout the week. Be on the lookout as we are launching a live devotional series where we will talk and pray through the Psalms together via our KHC Instagram account.
Here is a quick reminder of ways we are here to serve you during this season:
- Haves and Needs: A peer-to-peer network where our congregation is able to share needs or share resources they have available for those in need. If you would like to share a need or resource, go to the Haves and Needs page on the KHC Website.
- Care Line (Delivery Service): We are aware that there are people within our body who are among the group deemed highly susceptible to the coronavirus due to underlying health factors and age. One of the ways we desire to serve you is by building a team available to run errands for you and delivering items you need. In an effort to make this as simple as possible, we have created a specific phone number that you can call to request help. That number is (310) 294.6821.
- Financial Aid and Employment Resources: Many of you may be aware of the stimulus packages our nation’s leaders have approved over the past few days. However, there are other resources that may allow you to receive aid for a portion of your lost income. You can find this information at edd.ca.gov. If you need help navigating some of these resources, please contact us at .
We are continually praying for the Lord’s protection and provision for you.
- Pastor Mike, on behalf of KHC Elders and Executive Team